My Fourth Motorcycle Book, Motorcycle Kick-Starts, Has Been Released In Paperback, Kindle, and Audible audiobook Editions.
This book is available in a paperback edition and a Kindle edition from Amazon.com. It is also available in an Audible audiobook edition from Amazon, Audible, and iTunes
If you prefer the Kindle (electronic) edition, you don't even have to own a Kindle reading device to buy or read the book from Amazon. You can download an app from Amazon for your iPhone, Windows PC, Mac, Blackberry, iPad, Android cellphone or tablet, or Windows Phone 7 that takes the place of the Kindle reading device. Click Here for details.
What's the Price?
The paperback price is $5.38 (slightly less if you're an Amazon Prime customer). The Kindle edition is only $2.99. And, if you buy the paperback, you have the option of getting the Kindle edition FREE.
What's the Book Contain?
This book gives a condensed view of motorcycling for new and returning riders.
It's designed to whet your appetite for more while sticking to basic motorcycle information without overpowering you with details.
The book starts out telling you what motorcycles are and showing you how you might learn to become an active, safe rider.
Then ten short motorcycle stories, written by actual motorcyclists, are presented. These stories allow you to observe some unusual things that happen to people who ride motorcycles.
Between stories, some practical advice about motorcycles is given in the form of ten motorcycle How-Tos and ten motorcycle Tips that you will need to know to become a proficient rider.
Here is an Excerpt:
13. How to Ride a Motorcycle at Night
Riding a motorcycle after dark takes additional skills. Here are some things to think about before you enter the darkness on two wheels.
- Wait until you become a proficient motorcycle rider during the day before you attempt to ride after dark.
- Motorists can barely see a motorcycle during the day. Expect to be nearly invisible at night unless you are riding a white bike loaded with extra lights.
- Plan your motorcycle trips to minimize night riding. As you get older, you'll find that your vision may become another reason not to ride at night.
- Ride with your low beam on at night but be ready to use the high beam to see farther down the road.
- Wear reflectors on your helmet and jacket.
- If you have loud pipes, be more sensitive of the noise level as the evening wears on.
- Be sure to wear clothing that will keep you warm as the temperature drops.
- Be sure to carry a cellphone and small flashlight on the bike.
- Be wary of animals darting out in front of you, especially deer. Be prepared to stop completely if necessary to avoid being struck by a deer.
- Drunk drivers will be on the road with you. Try to be ready to avoid them. Also, don't ever drink and ride.
- Be careful rounding unfamiliar curves where loose gravel or sand may await you.
- Avoid bad areas where residents may attempt to steal your bike or do you harm under the cover of darkness.
How Do I Get It?
If you're an Amazon customer and have One-Click set on your account, you can click the following book cover, then the One-Click button, and order the book almost instantly. If you haven't set One-Click, you will have a few extra steps.
What about the audiobook?
You can listen to an Audible sample of the audiobook. Just click on the following Audible cover and then click 'Audible Sample':
Help Me OutShould you decide to buy the book—and you are so inclined—please take a little time after you complete the book to write a short review and place it with the book on the Amazon website. These reviews help to inform prospective readers about how other readers felt about the book. They also help me to improve the quality and content of future books. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any comments you may have that you might not want others to see.